“FIFA has not placed any ban on Musa Tombo”-SLFA Head of Media

0
104

The Head of Media and Marketing at the Sierra Leone Football Association has dispelled rumors making the rounds on social media that FIFA has banned Sierra Leonean striker Musa Tombo Kamara for two years.

Musa’s contract was terminated by Swedish ClubTrelleborg FF last week after the player decided to return home, citing several environmental challenges he couldn’t cope with.

Ibrahim Kamara said Musa Tombo is still training with the national team and the FA has not received any official correspondence from Football’s World Governing Body on the issue.

“It is not true that Musa Tombo has been banned by FIFA… he is still training with the national team ahead of our World Cup qualifying fixture against Liberia next Wednesday”, he said.

“FIFA will not take action against any player without informing the FA. So in this case the governing body has not placed any ban on last season’s Sierra Leone Premier League top goal scorer”

“This will psychologically affect Musa’s preparation ahead of the match but we are working on him to remain determined and steadfast. He is doing well and we hope he continues ahead of the encounter”

The Head of Media and Marketing at the SLFA Ibrahim Kamara called on Sierra Leoneans to focus now on the country’s upcoming fixture with the Lone Stars of Liberia on 4th September in Monrovia.

He assured citizens that Leone Stars will do all they could to win the match in order to put them on a better footing to qualify to the next round of the series.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here